Saturday, April 9, 2011

(DIY) How to Make Draped Cardigan




It's spring time and it's time to wear a light cardigan....yay!! I've been wanting to buy light draped cardigan, but this is not the best time for shopping. We have to save more money because this year Leia is going to school. So I had an idea, why I didn't make my own draped cardi. All I need is only my old t-shirts or just bought some chepo t-shirts :). Easy peasy!!

I will show you how to make it and I hope it's clear enough to be followed

Step 1 :
Cut vertically in the middle of the t-shirt

DIY Drapped Cardigan step 1 : Cut vertically in the middle of the t-shirt

Step 2 :
Cut diagonally across the bottom of the t-shirt

DIY Drapped Cardi step 2 : cut diagonally across the bottom of the t-shirt

Step 3 :
Do it both sides and save the triangle scraps

DIY Drapped Cardi step 3 : do it both sides and save the triangle scraps

Step 4 :
Cut out the neckline

DIY Drapped Cardi step 4 : cut out the neckline

Step 5 :
Sew the remaining triangle scrap to the vertical side of the t-shirt. Cut out the fabric excess.

DIY Draped Cardi step 5 : sew the remaining triangle scrap to the vertical side of the t-shirt. Cut out the fabric excess.


VOILA!!!



And now I'm so happy because I have 3 new draped cardigans.

7 comments:

El Em Tea said...

This is awesome - and just what i need. But can ya clarify step 5 a wee bit more? The picture is confusing. THANK YOU! :) looking forward to some new cardis!

Pinot W. Ichwandardi said...

@LindsAyT : is it clear enough now? I put some text on the step 5 photo, so you'll know which part is that.

Kathy McCreedy said...

this is REALLY clever! Kudos on a job well done!

regina said...

i'll make mine, thanks for tute mb dita!:D keren!

anua said...

this is great ! I´ll try it !thank you.

neknekenken said...

Thank you so much for this! I've been wanting to buy a draped cardigan, but the holiday season left a hole in my pocket. Thanks again!

Cucicucicoo said...

fantastic idea! saw this on pinterest and i'm sure i'll be doing this, too! :) lisa